PREP TIME: 15min | COOKING TIME: 30min
SERVES: 4 | PAIRING: Sweet potato chips
And here it is! Enjoy our first recipe of many with a hint of SAB product. Chef Lesley Jacobs promises to keep it simple but delicious – every time. Beer (and ciders) are wonderful components to many meals. Brutal Fruit’s apple-ginger flavour works exceptionally well with pork, but is equally refreshing to drink while you cook! Enjoy.
Ingredients for pork patty:
500g pork mince (we minced high quality Malu pork fillet)
100g chopped onion
2tbsp fresh coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Chutney:
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and roughly chopped
100g onion, finely chopped
1 bottle Apple-Ginger Brutal Fruit
1tbsp fresh coriander
4 hamburger buns
Green figs in syrup
Fresh Rocket leaves
1. Fry the onion for the chutney until translucent.
2. Add the apples, sugar and apple-ginger Brutal Fruit and bring so a simmer. Simmer to reduce and cook the apples.
3. In the meantime, mix the pork mince, chopped onion, eggs and coriander and season well.
4. Form four patties, heat a griddle pan and fry lightly on each side.
5. Baste the patties with some sweet sauce from the chutney mix. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in a medium oven (160°C) until done. You can keep on basting them with the chutney sauce.
6. When the apples are soft and the chutney mixture is well-reduced, take off the heat and add the freshly chopped coriander leaves.
7. To compile the burgers, cut open buns and lightly toast on the inside. Pack on the pork patties, camembert wedges and sliced green fig. Dollop lots of apple-ginger chutney on top and add some fresh rocket leaves.
8. Enjoy with another apple-ginger Brutal Fruit!
Please NOTE: Brutal Fruit not for sale to persons under the age of 18 years.